The Co-curricular Program at Hills Grammar remain an integral part of the whole school curriculum. There are wonderful opportunities for students to develop their skills and interests across a broad range of activities including Sport, Creative and Spoken Arts, Music, Leadership and Service Learning, and Outdoor Education. These activities take place before school, during lunch and after school with further weekend commitments in some areas.
Aims of the program include:
- to foster and develop student leadership
- to encourage and develop co-operation, responsibility and ‘team’ work
- to develop a sense of belonging and school spirit
- to foster good rapport between staff, students and parents
- to inspire students to strive for excellence in all areas of endeavour
- to provide opportunities for parents, ex–parents and ex-students to contribute to the School
- to establish links with the wider community and develop relations with various groups
- to provide opportunities for students to achieve success in a diverse mix of interests.
The Co-curricular Program continues to go from strength to strength with improvements being made across all areas. In 2016 further review of the offerings and opportunities available to our students occurred with a view to further embedding this important aspect of our school in the daily lives of our students and identifying improvement strategies for next year, as reflected in our 2017 strategic priorities and improvements. Student engagement continues to increase as they avail themselves of the many opportunities provided at Hills Grammar. This involvement greatly enhances the learning and development of each student and provides balance.